We arrived in New Orleans by 5pm and after finding our airbnb we went over to the Tulane campus for a prayer walk. After praying at a few places we decided to meet some students and ask about student life at Tulane.
1. Students love Tulane
2. They love that almost every state is represented on campus (33% from the Northeast)
3. Tulane and Loyola students connect for courses, sports, dining halls and at the local pub.
4. Tulane is a party school
1. We met an alumni of the IV group 4 years ago
2. We meet 2 folks who identified some Christian background and involvement
3. We found that 10% of the body stays on campus for Spring break and thus might be interested in a ServeUP opportunity
1. That we meet a 2 serious students willing to go after the vision of planting on campus
The planting team is back at our airbnb after a great day at Tulane meeting students, having dinner with alumni interested in Tulane and now using social media to contact students to 2 GIG's on Friday and a ServeUP info session at noon.
I am amazed at God's hand in...
1. The wonderful enthusiasm of the team.
2. The partnership of what Bill is doing with alumni ...we connected with 3 who are very supportive
3. Students open to GIG's
4. Students interested in ServeUP
5. Walking into Loyola's Campus Ministry office and the director being open and even inviting us to add ServeUP to their website.
Please continue to pray for students who get the vision and would give themselves to the mission.